[Qgis-psc] Formal policy on closing tickets with rude/aggresive language?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 5 22:44:19 PST 2018

Hi,

Agreed. This is not appropriate language. Thanks for addressing this,
Nyall and Tim!

However, he is probably not the only user struggling with getting a base
map. The larger our user base is, the more likely we will get such
issues, esp. from people new to GIS or who only use GIS very
occasionally.

Maybe we could address this by utilizing our start screen?

E.g. have a small sample project with base maps available from the start
screen? Or a link to web resources where one could get global GIS data,
such as Natural Earth data or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GIS_data_sources - not sure if
there are any good websites that are both quite complete and regularly
updated. Ideally, it would be a resource or website that we don't need
to maintain ;-)

Greetings,

Andreas