[Qgis-psc] QGIS AGM 2018

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Mar 7 22:17:24 PST 2018

Thanks for your comments Matthias, they sound reasonable to me. Can I suggest that bootstrap your idea by proposing specific wording changes to the charter (including section number etc.) in the matters arising question of the form. Thus will then be put out to the community of voters for review and approval. If approved it will be incorporated into the charter and actioned for the next AGM.

> [...]
>  * there is the possibility to make a proposal disappear if it's clear the counterproposal is better or it's simply not worth it because of new evidence from the discussion.
>

> I assume that in 90% of the cases things stay quiet and nothing of these happens. And that's good like this.
>
> Best regards and thanks for a good discussion !
> Matthias
>

> On 03/07/2018 10:36 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Hi Denis
>>
>> Thanks for your inputs Denis. I think it is better to separate the idea of an AGM and an ‘open forum’ meeting.
>>

>> IMHO the AGM should be very focussed on the governance mechanism of the project with very specific, vote-ready motions put before the voting members. I believe our current format already supports this. Simply raise a motion (for example request to change the charter or other proposal to regularise the management of the project) on the form provided and we will share a subsequent form to the voting members where they can vote on all the issues raised. One thing that could be improved in the current system is that each motion should be seconded by at least one other voting member.
>>
>> For open forum meetings where back and forth discussion is needed, our hackfests are a good place to manage this.
>>

>> Anyway by all means things can always be improved - I will leave it to you the voting members to work with the incoming PSC and Board and Chair to iterate and improve on the processes that are already in place!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim
>>

>>> On 07 Mar 2018, at 15:03, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com <mailto:denis.rouzaud at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Regarding having material required to actually vote, I think that the processus could be improved for the next AGM.
>>>
>>> To my opinion, we should receive the form as read-only first.
>>> There should be then a period of a few days for discussions and questions.
>>> The wiki could be a great place for this, people could fill questions there, PSC could reply and we would keep track of this.
>>> Then only voting would be open.
>>>
>>> That would more correspond to the process of a "real" AGM where it's much easier to address questions but also express personal opinions or remarks.
>>>
>>> I don't know if you think this is too complicated but we would avoid "voting before knowing".
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Denis
>>>
>>> Le mer. 7 mars 2018 à 08:14, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com <mailto:tim at kartoza.com>> a écrit :
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> It is a good proposal but deviates from how we have done things before so I have not prepared this. I will ask all the nominees to make a short 1 paragraph entry and then distribute it to you all for review. If you want to read these first, then please hold off on casting your votes until we have shared these.

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org