[Qgis-psc] Contributing QGIS testing environment docker

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 05:12:00 PST 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 2:01 PM Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> On 12.11.18 13:56, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:
>
>> Hi Alessandro,
>>
>> There is already now a docker image being built on a travis cron job
>> every night including the full QGIS master, all tagged versions and all
>> branches and pushed to docker hub (see
>> https://hub.docker.com/r/qgis/qgis/tags/)
>>
>> This is built on top of qgis-build-deps (actually qgis-build-deps were
>> made for this and built on travis too).
>>
>> If I understand correctly, most of the requirements for the QGIS build
>> should be there already.
>>
>> If there are some python scripts missing or other things to be bundled,
>> that could possibly also go in there.
>>
>> Would that work, so we could continue to ship a single docker?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Matthias
>>

> Hi Matthias,
>
> Yes, I'm working on it: my new image already has FROM
> qgis/qgis3-build-deps:latest, for qgis/qgis image is
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/.docker/qgis.dockerfile the
> right recipe?
>
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> I think that this is the right recipe, yes.
>
> The question I wanted to ask mainly is if it's required to create a new
> image if there is already one in place. The main difference I can see from
> your description are some added python scripts and documentation?
>
> Matthias

Yeah, sorry for not being clear, the answer to your question is: most
probably not, I discovered that qgis/qgis image only recently, and I
couldn't find any documentation or readme, so I wasn't really sure about
what's being used for (and that's still not completely clear to me), let
alone that I didn't know about the cron.

So thank you for sharing this information, moving to "FROM
qgis/qgis3-build-deps:latest", was just the first step and it's working
fine so far, then I'll try to unify images.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it