[Qgis-psc] Feature freeze exemption request: 7788

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Fri Sep 14 01:17:22 PDT 2018

Hi Nyall,

Thanks for the request, I agree that the original author should not be
punished (and he PR with a large margin), and we do want new people to
feel welcome and see their PR merged. I also absolutely understand why
code you did not write has less priority in getting merged/reviewed. And
this is imho our current main issue, we haveĀ  few people spread very
thin doing the review work. Thanks for that to all of you.

So to me this are all good reasons to allow this extension.

Being on the subject, we discussed last Monday in the PSC, that we
really want to stress that feature freeze exemptions are *last resort
exceptions* and we don't want them to become the rule since it is not
fair to other people that committed to get things all done by deadline
that was set long before.

Cheers Marco