[Qgis-psc] QGIS grants?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:15:07 PDT 2018

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 16:52, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 09/13/2018 08:37 AM, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
> >
> > Will do -- can it wait till after freeze please? I don't have a moment
> > to spare before that!
> sure, take your time!
> anyway, a simple "xx% completed" would be enough for now, just to know
> the general situation.

Ok, thanks for the understanding!

In regards to my two grants:

Processing GUI and maintenance work:

- Many bugs in the QGIS 3rd party providers have been fixed, with lots
of new unit tests added. I've cleared out most of the outstanding
issues against the SAGA provider (in most cases adding one or more
test cases for these). I've also refactored the GDAL algorithm tests
to test the GDAL command generated instead of the resultant output.
This allows for much easier test creation (and there's now dozens of
tests covering most of the GDAL algorithms, with tests for all the
individual parameter options for these), and is much easier to detect
when things go wrong vs the old approach of testing the created files.
This also means we're no longer testing GDAL's operation itself, just
making sure that what QGIS sends to GDAL is correct (so the tests are
more robust against different GDAL versions). Additionally, lots of
GRASS unit tests which were disabled in the lead-up to 3.0 have been
resurrected, and we now test have some GRASS vector algorithms unit
tests too. I'll continue to track the different channels for bug
reports against individual algorithms and fix these.

- The GUI refactoring has proceeded nicely, with the new c++ classes
and framework in place for QGIS 3.4. This new framework is soaked in
unit tests. So far the string, CRS and boolean parameters have been
ported to the new API, with numeric and distance parameters ported in
a (currently unmerged) PR. The new API brings many improvements
besides the added stability, and should make it easier to utilise
expression-based parameter values within models and make support for
these automatic for all ported parameter types (vs lots of
duplicate/fragile code in the older Python implementations). The
porting work will continue during freeze and 3.6 (next up are the
file, range and expression parameter widgets).

The R Provider resurrection work will commence shortly, during the 3.4
feature freeze period and the new plugin will be targeted to launch at
the same time as 3.4 final.

Nyall