[Qgis-psc] Attachment widget broken in the attribute table

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 15:19:01 PDT 2019

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 at 01:02, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> Hi PSC,
>
> As discussed with Giovanni Manghi in [1],  I'd like to bring an issue
> with the attachment widget to your attention.

*snip*

I'm totally in agreement with Matthias here. I just want to point out
that this is an UPSTREAM issue, and CANNOT BE fixed in QGIS
(regardless of how much $$/developer hours we throw at it). Something
changed/broke in Qt4->Qt5, and it's impacted QGIS. (It's happened many
times in the past, with all our dependencies (Qt, GDAL, PROJ, PyQt,
etc), this is no different.)

It's unfortunate that it's caused such harm to our users, but (for
once) we're entirely blameless here. In fact, we're better than
blameless, because at least 3 core devs have volunteered many hours to
try to workaround on the QGIS side. Yay QGIS! (Boo Qt!)

If we want this crash fixed (and not just hidden), it's gotta be done
in Qt. End of story.

Nyall