[Qgis-psc] Feature freeze extension request

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Fri Aug 30 00:20:32 PDT 2019

Hi,

On 30/08/2019 00:57, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 at 08:54, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like therefore to ask for a one week extension for both the core refactoring and the new feature (logarithmic method).
>>

> I think this same exception could/should apply to some other open
> work. In particular I have in mind Hugo's selective masking work
> (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/30747) and the snapping cache
> changes (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/31374). Both PRs have been
> in place for a number of weeks, both are VERY critical changes which
> must not be rushed due to the potential impact of regressions in these
> code areas.
>
> I'd much prefer to see an extra week spent on these PRs vs having them
> rush merged today to avoid the freeze deadline.

Thanks for raising this Nyall.

Actually I was about to change the 3.10 milestone to 3.12 on my
selective masking PR, since there is still some work to do, the funders
are ok to postpone, and I prefer to merge it in a cleaner state because
it is not a trivial change.

However, with one extra week, there is a higher chance the work gets
finished and reviewed for merging :-)

Hugo