[Qgis-psc] Two recent proposals - how to finalize?

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Thu Dec 12 06:48:51 PST 2019

Hi Harissou I completely agree with you.
That is why I suggested to do all in the same place on the github PSC
repo. basically a centralised place where we see all things the PSC
deals with and votes are noted as votes with proper labels. we get
search, discussian and centralisation.

on the website we can then link the decisions that were taken and even
sort them by year and so on.

We could also have a separate repo just for resolutions. but I think all
together with labels is better for us in the PSC so we don't loose track
of what has to be done due to too many places to look into.

and before it is made an argument, we can if we want download all our
data we can do so simply.

https://github.blog/2018-12-19-download-your-data/

Cheers

Marco

On 12.12.19 15:38, DelazJ wrote:

> Le jeu. 12 déc. 2019 à 12:52, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it
> <mailto:cavallini at faunalia.it>> a écrit :
>
>     Hi Harissou,
>     thanks for letting me know.
>
>     Il 12/12/19 12:43, DelazJ ha scritto:
>
>     > Paolo, the qgis website build is broken now because files are not
>     > referenced in the index ;(
>     >
>     > And each rst file will result in a page if built. What about
>     adding the
>     > resolutions in a single file, the most recent on top the older? All
>     > decisions in one page on the website.
>
>     I would prefer to have them separate, as it is easier to have the
>     general picture even for the casual visitor.
>
> If I may, as an end user, I'd find easier to go to a page and be able
> to read (or search through) all the decisions that were taken than
> clicking tens of files/pages to get the history (assuming that page
> title (aka file name?) are sufficiently meaningful). Right now there
> are 4 files, they could be tens in few months. And in few years? I'm
> definitely not convinced that one file by decision is the right and
> simpler way to document these. /A minima/, maybe a file a year.
> Note that at the top of a page, it's possible to have a table of
> content that would appropriately point to a section within the page.
> See how docs pages are displayed.
>
> And from a practical point of view for psc members, whenever you add a
> file, you'd need to mention it in an index file to have it correctly
> build. Not sure it's simpler than copy-paste-modify a section/template
> within the same file.
>
> Just trying to provide some food for thought...
>
> Regards,
> Harrissou
>
>     This is a first attempt, I have no problem in finding a different
>     solution. I'd like something simple, where a PSC member can just
>     dump a
>     text file in a dir and it gets listed and rendered without further
>     intervention.
>     Any suggestion?
>     Cheers.
>     --