[Qgis-psc] [Qgis-user] qgis.org down?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 13 01:53:23 PST 2019

On 13/12/2019 08.32, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> done
> thanks to Richard!
> I suggest to invest some resources to improve the system: the reason of
> the breakage is that we are building strict, so any warning (in this
> case a missing reference in the index) is considered an error and the
> build is broken.
> a simple improvement would be to build in a temp dir, and copy to the
> apache root only if successful

Crux is

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/docker-run.sh

and

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/docker-world.sh

the second one calling the first one for every language to build.

IF the build fails the docker-run.sh should return an error too, or
false or whatever, so in the second one we can test for that and NOT
rsync the faulty build

Any help (of anybody willing to invest some time and testing) is
appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

PS the reason to 'break' in case of a warning is:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/blob/master/Makefile#L120
added because else the warnings will pile up, and nobody was fixing them
untill a real error occured, so I suggest to keep that