[Qgis-psc] PyQgis Cookbook revision

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 06:41:30 PST 2019

In the docs meeting we have talked about splitting/removing the python
cookbook from the User manual (the same for other sections).

The advantages would be:

- We can release each document in separate
- We can break one of the docs without breaking the others
- we can have the cookbook more developers-oriented (even in the way it's
written)

The disadvantages would be:
- We would need to set intersphinx in both projects to allow keep cross
linking between them
- we would need to duplicate our sphinx project structure, and maintain it
(themes, makefiles, CI, etc...)
- If we want to go with translation, we would need to set other transifex
projects (at the meeting we kinda talked about the real need for
translation for the cookbook, quickly browsing excelpt for spanish and
french, most of other languages don't have it translated)

But anyway, like Alessandro said, the work that needs to be done, can be
performed in any of the repositories.

Alexandre Neto