[Qgis-psc] Renaming developer meeting to contributor meeting

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Feb 7 00:30:34 PST 2019

Hi,

At the Swiss QGIS user group general assembly we discussed how the QGIS
community could be more inclusive and attract contributors next to
developers.

Among other suggestions, one of the suggestions was to rename the
"developer meeting" to "contributor meeting". I know, I was the one who
suggested renaming it from "hackfest" to "developer meeting" (on request
of my past boss who hosted the meeting in Zurich back then), to make it
look more serious (e.g. for employers who might pay for attending a
developer meeting, but not for a hackfest) - but what do you think about
renaming it again to "contributor meeting"?

As a first step to be more inclusive for non developers to participate
and contribute to the QGIS project? THere are so many possible
contributions next to being a developer, such as documenting,
translating, working on the marketing material, webpage, collecting and
publishing case studies, etc. etc.

Greetings,