[Qgis-psc] plugin with binaries

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 2 23:46:57 PDT 2019

Hi Paolo,

What do you do in such cases when you unpublish a plugin?

Do you inform the plugin author and attempt to find a solution - or just
unpublish it?

Obviously, that author put efforts into the plugin - maybe (s)he was
aware of the restriction not to include binaries or not. In any case I
think it deserves a discussion and our support to find a solution so
this plugin can be continued to be distributed.

Wincan is - as far as I understand - a widely used software in waste
water management, asset managemente and sewer inspection. I think it
would be good to have such integration plugins. It can only help to
strengthen QGIS as a software to document infrastructure.

I'd like to see more of such plugins - but we need to find a solution
about these binaries.

Greetings,

Andreas