[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Product management processes in OSGeo projects

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 21 09:22:36 PDT 2019

Hi Tim, all,
I understand well your point, and although I find it very attractive and
positive, I have a different vision. Looking at most OS projects, with a
very few notable exceptions (mainly the Linux kernel comes to my mind),
they never attract large donors, if not sporadically. IMHO, for QGIS to
be sustainable over the long term we should rely more on our roots, i.e.
volunteers, and less on external resources, who put us at risk.
I'm quite happy we are making these different opinions explicit, I'm
sure this open and friendly discussion will help the project growing.
All the best.