[Qgis-psc] QGIS Mac Packaging project migration

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 01:52:50 PDT 2019

Hi,

About publishing, I would add that it would be nice we clarify the
situation: why do we (if we still do) provide two "packages", what are
their differences (I still don't get them and keep using the one I'm used
to) and document them at the same level (currently, most of the description
refers to kyngchaos build "constraints" and the "lutra binaries" are
*hidden* at the end of the download section [0]). This to say that we need
involved people to properly rewrite [0]. The current situation is unclear
for users.

And while we are at this, macOS [1] vs macos [2] to differentiate the
builds is kind of... confusing. Let's provide the packages at a single and
easy-to-find place, for the users.

[0] https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/alldownloads.html#mac-os-x-macos
[1] https://qgis.org/downloads/macOS/
[2] https://qgis.org/downloads/macos/