[Qgis-psc] Documentation

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Nov 13 10:26:08 PST 2019

Hi all,
we had a lengthy and I think fruitful discussion about the future of
documentation. I think time is ripe to take steps towards a concrete
solution.
AFAICT, a reasonable proposal stemming out of the discussion was:
* having a core documentation, listing all functions available with at
least a minimal description (this could be taken from the commit
description for the upcoming features, and the version number where it
first appeared can be added)
* allow comments by all interested parties on each function, to
encourage the addition of heterogeneous material, e.g. links to videos,
presentations, and more
UNclear how to handle translations:
* stick to English, and let people adding translations as comments as above
* starting with a multilingual structure from the beginning.
I think we agree that we want to keep a revision-controlled system, so
the main issue would be to have a web interface displaying each function
as a page, and allowing comments.
Of course there are other views, and nothing has been decided yet, so
alternative proposals are most welcome.
All best wishes.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu