[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mobile (Android)

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Tue Oct 15 08:10:58 PDT 2019

Hi Paolo,

What should we exactly join up to? :)

Current QGIS code repository offers the platform to collaborate. Here are
some of the example of our recent works to make QGIS touch library (on the
back of great work from OpenGIS) and static providers:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/109
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/149

Additionally, we extended the SDK to support compilation of QGIS on iOS.

I had raised 2 questions in my initial email and would be interested to see
how those scenarios would be handled if QField becomes the official QGIS
mobile (Android) app?

Also a note about Input and data synchronisation, you can use your USB
cable, Bluetooth, wifi, ... to sync the data and there is no need for our
service. In the same way, you can completely avoid Oracle database data
provider and use your PostGIS or Shapefile.

Regards
Saber

On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 15:43, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On 15/10/19 16:30, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> > That sounds like a very good approach to me too.
> >
> > I think Marco was also talking about having QField main repo moved to
> > the QGIS.org <http://QGIS.org> GitHub repo (correct Marco?). Though I
> > don’t think this needs to be a pre-requisite to being listed on the QGIS
> > download page.
>
> I think we are all on the same line here. Of course we'll treat all
> projects equally, so all other parts of QGIS broader ecosystem are
> welcome to start discussing the steps to join.
> Regards.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> QGIS.ORG Chair: