[Qgis-psc] QGIS for Mobile (Android)

Marco Bernasocchi marco at opengis.ch
Wed Oct 16 00:51:17 PDT 2019

Hi

On 15.10.19 16:30, Tim Sutton wrote:

> I think Marco was also talking about having QField main repo moved to
> the QGIS.org <http://QGIS.org> GitHub repo (correct Marco?). Though I
> don’t think this needs to be a pre-requisite to being listed on the
> QGIS download page.

Indeed that is what we were talking about, two discussions have been
mixed up in this thread. On one side there is the discussion about the
download links, on the other side there is the discussion about QField
becoming an official QGIS.org project (very much like QWC2 is) and
replace for QGIS on android.

Whereas the discussion about download links can be easily tackled, the
other one needs some thoughtful thinking and planing to be able to
answer all open questions like the ones Saber asked. Obviously these
cannot be answered after a 20minutes initial (and unprepared) chat with
1.5 PS members not there (Tim could unfortunately join late and Andreas
had to type answers).

I suggest that we put this 2 discussions as main topic for the next PSC
meeting.

Cheers

Marco

--