[Qgis-psc] News feed

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 31 01:31:28 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Il 31/10/19 06:28, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 16:14, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> AFAIK we don't have a clear policy about the news feed. I propose to
>> accept only:
>> 1. global Contributors Meetings announcements (not local ones)
>> 2. global QGIS Days (not local ones)
>> 3. requests for sponsorship
>> 4. crowdfunding announcements
>
> what about:
>
> 5. callouts for testing of upcoming qgis releases

+1

> 6. new release announcements when changelog is published

+1, at the same time removing the small banner advertising when a new
version is available

> and, maybe more controversial
>
> 7. occasional tips and tricks articles?

I see your point, and I agree it can be controversial. Let's skip it for
now, and add it later if appropriate, when we'll have feedback from users.
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: