[Qgis-psc] Can we model fund raising efforts from Blender?

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 03:20:16 PDT 2020

With limited data points we have from our crowdfunding campaigns, it is
very clear that small organisations and individuals are more generous and
willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Google (UK) has been great for funding the first phase of QGIS Mac
packaging and sponsoring almost all FOSS4G events. They also understand the
culture of the open source software and their community.

But the problems are faceless corporations and large government
organisations. Some will eventually get their stuff together and start
contributing. The rest just keep boasting about how much money they saved
by not paying for licenses and using "freeware" and meanwhile complaining
about some missing features and bugs.

Kind regards
Saber

Saber Razmjooei