[Qgis-psc] Grant QEP 180 report - Quality Assurance methodology and infrastructure

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Mon Dec 21 11:24:23 PST 2020

Dear Alexandre
first of all thanks a lot for all the work!

some more feedback inline

cheers Marco

On Mon, 21 Dec 2020, 03:00 Alexandre Neto, <senhor.neto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear PSC,
>
> Here is the report about the QEP 180 (
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/180) QGIS
> Quality Assurance methodology and infrastructure. All the tasks described
> in the proposal have been implemented.
>
> Firstly, a Python plugin called Tester has been updated to run on QGIS 3.x
> and has been published in the QGIS Official Plugins repository (
> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/qgistester/). It allows to run automated
> and semi-automated tests and helps to conduct testing by providing
> step-by-step instructions to perform manual or verification tasks. An
> initial small set of tests for QGIS core functionality has been implemented
> as a separate QGIS Core Tests plugin which is also available from the QGIS
> Official Plugins repository (https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/coretests/
> ).
>
> Secondly, a test management system based on KIWI TCMS has been set up at
> https://qgis.tenant.kiwitcms.org/.

trying to login with mbernasocchi (github) i get "unauthorized"

> We are finalizing the creation of an initial test plan with several
> examples of test cases that can be used as a starting point during the
> testing process for the upcoming release of QGIS 3.18.
>
> Finally, documentation for testers has been created and published at
> https://github.com/qcooperative/qgis-testing.

is this planned to gonover to a qgis repo? I think it would give the tool
more visibility.

It covers all the steps needed to participate in the testing process, from
> setting up a clean environment to running tests and creating new test cases
> in the KIWI TCMS.
>
> Thanks a lot for this opportunity, we hope it's a huge step forward for
> QGIS QA!

thanks to you!
looking forward to see the first results 😀