[Qgis-psc] Formal request to extend LTR life span to two years

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 7 03:39:38 PST 2020

> I'll run with whatever policy PSC sets for this, but it needs to be
> very well defined in order to avoid any misunderstandings by either
> developers or users...

We cannot require developers to backport things, but just suggest. Even for
the bug-fixing program sponsored by QGIS.ORG, I don't think it would be
reasonable to spend a lot of time backporting a hard-to-backport bug fix
(perhaps some guidelines to be provided. "if it takes more than X hours, drop
the ball"). I'd expect such non-trivial efforts to be directly funded by the
organization interested in having the bug fixed in the LTR they use.

http://www.spatialys.com