[Qgis-psc] Resource Sharing plugin in core?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Feb 19 08:18:46 PST 2020

Hi Tim,

On Wed, 19. Feb 2020 at 10:40:37 +0000, Tim Sutton wrote:
> What about if we ship QGIS ‘bare bones’ and on first run ask the user if they
> would like to install our selection of highly recommended plugins (which are
> basically what are in core or things like resource sharing)? That way we
> could onramp people into using those whilst still keeping them separate?
> Maybe in the plugin website we could just tag ‘endorsed’ plugins to defined
> which get installed in this process?

What about people that don't have network access?   Either because the are in
developing countries or in enterprise environments that don't allow random
downloads?

I thought that was the main argument for standalone installers.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden            https://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode