[Qgis-psc] Environmental policy

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jan 26 07:12:25 PST 2020

Hi all,
I think now it's time to vote. Probably several participants to hte next
HF are waiting for our decision before booking their tickets.
Based on the discussion I'm rephrasing the questions as follows.

* do we need an explicit environmental policy?
  * yes, as an independent document
  * yes, as a part of our social contract/vision/etc
  * no

* how many in-person meetings do we want per year?
  * 0
  * 1
  * 2

* do we want general meetings, or a series of smaller ones in sync, so
to minimize total movements and promote participation across the globe?
  * general
  * local

* do we want the participants to travel by train instead of plane?
  * yes, reimbursement will be allowed only for trains and other low
impact means
  * yes, reimbursement will be allowed for trains and other low impact
means; flying will be reimbursed only if
    * distance is more than a fixed amount (e.g. 1,500 km)
    * train will take significantly longer (e.g. 10 h) than flying
    * cost will be significantly lower (e.g. 300 €)
  * yes, we will suggest all participants to minimize their impact,
leaving the choice to individuals, and reimbursing anyway

I believe all major points are listed here; if not, please suggest
improvements.
Cheers.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu