[Qgis-psc] doc-test repo

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jun 4 23:55:52 PDT 2020

On 6/4/20 7:59 PM, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi Richard, Harrissou,
>
> Out of curiosity, what kind of integration are you testing?
>
> Denis has done a lot of work already on plugin_ci [1] [2]
>
> Maybe some of the concepts or code can be shared or borrowed.

Hi Matthias,

Just before launching the 3.10 version of the documents, I was
experimenting with what Transifex calls 'github-integration' or 'the new
way to create a config file (yaml):

https://docs.transifex.com/integrations/transifex-github-integration

At that time though it could not handle our large set of files as for
example: files with same names in different directories ended up with
duplicate resource-keys. I reported and that seems fixed now. And other
sphinx/tx related issues (like transifex wants zh-Hans while sphinx
wants zh_Hans)...

Main pain points are on this moment is
-1- context and translating process
-2- the manual updating of the .tx/config and the upload of new strings
in the docs. I always have been very carefull with this because:
removing a resource is killing all translations too...

-1- context/live

There are also complaints about missing the context, so yesterday I was
looking into the 'live' translation of Transifex, see also.

But on first glance, this looks like it is tightly integrated into
transifex with a lot of magic, and cannot be responsible anymore for
your own resources (AND you have to click on every paragraph just to
make it translatable, which seems like a lot of work for our sites).

-2-

I there is a big difference between a plugin and the doc site. For
example pulling just one language takes 23 minutes(!) from transifex
(--parallel etc etc)!!

That is the reason I do this now just once a week or so, manual at night.

So next I think we will test the 'normal' github/tx integration..

But in my (limited) experience now, this seems to work with a lot of
black magic. While at this moment we are boss over our own resource-keys
and translation files..

In the plugin-ci it looks like you are also working 'the old' way, only
more automated?

So we are just exploring, but if anybody has experience, please help.

Regards,

Richard