[Qgis-psc] Request for appointing a formal release "traffic controller" role

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Jun 18 06:05:51 PDT 2020

Hi,

In the early days of QGIS, when Marco H. and Otto had been in the PSC, we
had a role called "technical advisor" (or similar, I don't remember the
exact term). Perhaps, we can resurrect that role and among others, the
"technical advisor" would be responsible for:

----  citation Nyall --------
1. Making the final call on what is suitable for backporting to stable
releases
2. Guide formal policy regarding the different stages in the lifetime
of an LTR release, and develop written guidelines on what is
acceptable to backport at different patch releases for an LTR
3. Make the final call on feature freeze exemptions during a
pre-release freeze period.

Just an idea.

Greetings,
Andreas