[Qgis-psc] Request for appointing a formal release "traffic controller" role

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 20:19:43 PDT 2020

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 23:35, Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org> wrote:

> Thanks Nyall for raising the concern, and thanks all for the feedback,
>
> I absolutely agree we should have such a role but I think that (as Alessandro kind of says) we should have 2 of them since it is a super time intensive task (I see the hours Matthias is putting into this).
>
> As you mention in the original proposal yourself and Matthias are already doing this (THANKS a lot), So I's suggest the two of you keep on doing it.
>
> As Andreas said, this affects mainly the core developers which might not all be reading the PSC ml.
>
> If it is ok for you I'll propose you and Matthias for this role to the developer ML and ask if there would be others interested in committing to the role.

Sure, it's always a pleasure to work with Matthias. He and I have
spoken at length about this in the past and have very similar views
about risk vs timely fixes, so I think we could easily provide a
united/compatible viewpoint.

(and as I noted in one of the first emails -- the first task would be
to write up a qep detailing the policies and what's acceptable for
merging/backporting during a release's lifecycle)

Nyall