[Qgis-psc] What about postpone the meeting (and LTR release) due to Corona Virus?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Mar 5 00:52:18 PST 2020

Hi all,
I agree we have a problem here. The proposal from Andreas seems sensible
to me: ask the governments for advice. Beware, however of other facts:
* we should listen not only to Dutch gov, but also those of origin; as
you probably know, Italy has taken very severe measures, which will
probably be intensified over time
* there are also commercial implications: many companies are cancelling
travels because people simply stopped traveling (I had one canceled two
days ago for this); so even in case of no medical warning several people
may be forced to cancel anyway.
My opinion: those who can cancel without cost please consider doing it,
as this will make decision more flexible. Chances are than rebooking
will not be more expensive. Those who have non refundable reservation
please let us (Andreas) the amounts, so we'll have an estimate of the
financial impact of a late decision.
In my home town there are 2 possible cases.
Cheers.

Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: