[Qgis-psc] Fwd: OSGeo, QGIS and KDE

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 11 01:13:31 PDT 2020

Hi,

Who is going to respond here? Marco?

Or should we discuss it first?

I am not sure if OSGeo is the right counterpart here, or rather QGIS.ORG
directly. I am not aware of other qt based OSGeo software besides QGIS.
Is there any?

Greetings,

Betreff: 	OSGeo, QGIS and KDE
Datum: 	Sun, 10 May 2020 18:46:52 +0200
Von: 	Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>
An: 	Andreas Neumann <andreas at qgis.org>, Paolo Cavallini
(cavallini at faunalia.it) <cavallini at faunalia.it>, Vincent Picavet
<vincent.picavet at oslandia.com>, Tim Sutton <tim at qgis.org>, Marco
Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org>, Anita Graser <anita at qgis.org>, Jürgen E.
Fischer <juergen at qgis.org>, Michael Freer <michael.freer at kdab.com>, Even
Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
Kopie (CC): 	KDE e.V. <kde-ev-board at kde.org>

Dear OSGeo,
I'm sending the e-mail to you all because I'm not sure there's an
adequate mailing list to which reach out to you, please correct if
this is not the right medium.

Today at our meeting we discussed our relationship with different FOSS
organisations and we figured it could make sense to get closer to
OSGeo/QGIS as it was discussed recently under the KDE Free Qt
Foundation context.

One way that comes to mind is by inviting you to Akademy this year.
It's online for the first time given COVID-19, but it's probably a
good way to get our Community familiar with your task. You can find
some information here:
https://dot.kde.org/2020/05/04/akademy-2020-call-proposals

We also have an Advisory Board and we have some non-profit
organisations part of it, maybe OSGeo could be too. It's explained a
bit further here:
https://ev.kde.org/advisoryboard/

These are just ideas though, it could be interesting to have a call
and see which ways we could work together. Please say so if you'd be
interested.

Best regards,
Aleix Pol - KDE e.V. President