[Qgis-psc] QGIS server certified for OGC API for features

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 06:09:05 PDT 2020

Okay,
so the bad news is that OGC seems to have stricter rules than before. See
the response below.

We are now submitted to fees, which are 300 euros per certification
submission.
Currently we have 2 services only, for the server, WMS 1.3 and OGCAPI, so
this is 600 euros per year.

I suppose we will have to pay for this one, since the job is done. I'll ask
them to emit a correct invoice with QGIS.org information and adress.

This opens a question for our certification strategy:

Up to now it only involved some volunteer time. Now it would also involve
finances.
In my thoughts, the ideal situation was to certify all the supported
services, either on server and client side.
If we go this way, this will grow very fast to some thousand euros each
year and a lot of manual work. This seems overkill to me when thinking of
the benefits of thess certifications. I never answered any bid requiring a
certified engine yet - but you might have hit this issue before.

I'm wondering if we shouldn't just ask for certification once per service,
just to prove QGIS is officially compliant once, and then let our nightly
testing platforms "prove" we are compliant on the long run.

Instead of a recurrent charge,  this will be a one time charge only, when
needed, and when we want to make some buzz in this area.

@Andreas, is this ok for the 300 euros bill, even if this was not planned?

@all any thoughts about our certification strategy?

Best regards

Régis