[Qgis-psc] LTR support length

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Wed Oct 28 01:12:36 PDT 2020

Hi Nyall,

It is on the TODO list of Marco B. and myself to create a QEP. Although the
majority of the PSC likes the idea to extend the LTR life time to 2 years,
it should be discussed with our devs and packagers first to see if the idea
is feasible and what consequences it has and problems it would trigger
(e.g. dependencies with upstream software).

So, not a final decision yet, but we will open the discussion soon.

Greetings,
Andreas

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 at 04:47, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi PSC,
>
> I'm wondering if there's been any decision made regarding the
> supported lifetime of the 3.10 LTR release.
>
> Did this formally get extended to 2 years? Or is a decision still pending?
>
> Thanks!
> Nyall

Andreas Neumann
QGIS.ORG board member (treasurer)