[Qgis-psc] targeted donations and voting system combined - the quadratic payement sytem

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 02:46:13 PDT 2021

Hi PSC,
I just discovered an experiment that the opendronemap project has conducted
regarding donations. see  [0]

The rationale here comes from recent economic studies that try to solve the
issue of funding public good which suits nicely to our open source funding
problem. [1]

I'm wondering if that could be experimented on a grant application run as
it would combine both voting and funding at the same time, making the
voting base larger and adding additional funds in the pool.
Currently the voting base is not that large and improving the democrating
process is interesting.

It probably has been discussed before - I saw some QGIS members involved in
the discussions.

[0]
https://www.opendronemap.org/2020/07/a-new-era-of-open-source-funding-how-we-raised-5099-for-core-work/
[1] https://vitalik.ca/general/2019/12/07/quadratic.html