[Qgis-psc] Curly braces initilization

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 06:44:50 PDT 2021

Dear PSC,

I'd like to get your eyes on a technical discussion rising in a few PRs:
curly braces initialization.
It's a C++ coding guideline to define, and the topic seems a bit techincal.

I'd like that we get our coding guidelines updated regarding this question.
I believe this would require a few of our best low-level devs to discuss
and take a decision.

I don't know if you / who could take the lead on this. I'd be happy to
help, maybe organize the discussion if you consider this is OK.

Kind regards,
Denis

Some references:
last discussion in PR:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/44710#issuecomment-901921304
some technical reading about the question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18222926/why-is-list-initialization-using-curly-braces-better-than-the-alternatives