[Qgis-psc] Curly braces initilization

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Aug 19 07:40:08 PDT 2021

Le 19/08/2021 à 15:44, Denis Rouzaud a écrit :
> Dear PSC,
>
> I'd like to get your eyes on a technical discussion rising in a few
> PRs: curly braces initialization.
> It's a C++ coding guideline to define, and the topic seems a bit
> techincal.
>
> I'd like that we get our coding guidelines updated regarding this
> question. I believe this would require a few of our best low-level
> devs to discuss and take a decision.
>
> I don't know if you / who could take the lead on this. I'd be happy to
> help, maybe organize the discussion if you consider this is OK.

If that can help, I've initiated
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dP8-Is8qRXI6llB9HGUTXZbUv2akvOacxUhUHAoldg4/
(edit rights for anyone) . Not sure the way I've structured it is the
most relevant one... Feel free to add your thoughts there and rework it.

My feeling is that this is bound to be a controversial topic with no
clear winner/loser given the trend of C++ allowing to do new things and
never dropping the older alternatives, making it an ever increasing mess...

Even

--

http://www.spatialys.com