[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] Unscheduled 3.18.1 release?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 15:08:57 PST 2021

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 at 20:53, Matthias Kuhn <matthias at opengis.ch> wrote:

> Hi Giovanni
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 11:14 AM Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> > And some more time to let people test with the new dependencies on Windows
>> > would probably be good too
>>
>> Well... if you are onboard with it then I formally propose to include
>> a 1 month testing period between the date of the creation of the
>> installers for any .0 release and the date of the release.
>> This would give time to test the artifacts and fix the outstanding issues.

Two thoughts:

- I'm definitely +1 to this, but I think 1 month is WAY too long. I
would rather see a 1 week "hands off" period prior to final releases
where we ONLY commit fixes for severe regressions which are approved
by 2+ core developers. We did this once before, and it worked well...

- Isn't the Kiwi user test framework supposed to be directed at
recognising these regressions? Could we get a status update on that
and what needs to be done on pushing that effort forward? (The
https://github.com/qcooperative/qgis-core-tests repo seems to be all
but abandoned...?)

Nyall