[Qgis-psc] Call for presentations and attendees: QGIS Open Day, January 29, 2021

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Jan 18 01:58:16 PST 2021

Dear QGIS Users

On Friday, 29 January 2021 we will be holding our monthly QGIS Open Day!
What is a QGIS Open Day you may be wondering to yourself? It is an
initiative to replace the wonderful community meetups we used to hold every
six months when times were different. Like our in-person meetings, the
event is organised on a principle of self-organisation and community
participation.

*Programme*

1 QGIS Dashboards - Next Level 10h00 UTC Tim Sutton, Luis Eduardo

2 QGIS Point Clouds 11h15 UTC Tim Sutton, Martin Dobias, Saber Razmjooei,
Nyall Dawson

3 QGIS Ask Me Anything 14h00 UTC Tim Sutton and various experts (panel
volunteers please contact me)

See "where to watch" below for the link to the wiki page with session times
etc., additional sessions on the day may be announced there.

*Adding more events*

You can do this too! We really encourage others to follow our initiative,
using the wiki page link below to organise your plans (just add a section
below the last one). You can host virtual meetups in the Jitsi room, plan
your next steps to take QGIS further down the road to world domination and
much much more. We encourage language and region specific huddles,
documentation improvement sessions, bug fixing, making beautiful maps, and
working together to do amazing things with QGIS.

I would really love to see more events offered from our  country user
groups and broader user base. The content can be at any skill level and in
any language you like, and the times can overlap if needed. So please feel
free to organise your activities on the wiki page (see link below). The
QGIS Open Day is also an ideal time to hold virtual country user group meet
ups - please share your activities on the open day schedule, so that even
people from outside of your country user group can benefit from your
presentations. Contact me (see below) if you need help adding your events
to the wiki page.

*Where to watch*

Please see the event wiki page at
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/QHF-January-2021 for all the details of
times and links for watching. Get Involved!

*Code of Conduct*

Participants are kindly reminded to please read and observe our QGIS Code
of Conduct and Diversity Statement to make these events a great experience
for everyone!

https://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/codeofconduct.htmlhttps://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/codeofconduct/diversitystatement.html

Please contact me (Tim Sutton) by email (tim at kartoza.com) or via the QGIS
Open Day Telegram User Group (https://t.me/joinchat/Aq2V5RPoxYYhXqUPoxRWPQ