[Qgis-psc] #qgis on Freenode

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jun 1 01:16:45 PDT 2021

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 12:29:59AM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:

> I would also like to see what the sign up process
> is like for a matrix room...(hopefully there is no mantra
> shenanigans involved)....

Sign-up process depends on the "homeserver" you choose to use
to "join the matrix". Could you your own server, or someone's
else server. The osgeo.org homeserver is reserved to OSGeo
registered users so those who aren't already will need a mantra
to get one. The matrix.org server has other rules, probably simpler.

I'm not an expert on the matter, but I believe Matrix allows for
external "identity servers" and some of them could be based on
phone numbers too.

--strk;