[Qgis-psc] 2021 grant applications are now closed

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Mar 23 04:31:19 PDT 2021

Dear Harrissou,

On 23.03.2021 12:19, DelazJ wrote:
Along with the technical proposal, there used to be a summary of who
are/is involved in the proposal, but also the cost of the proposal. Is
this no more available? I recall (maybe I'm wrong) that the budget is
lower this year, despite I can't find mention of it anymore on the Internet.

This year's budget is EUR 25,000. I'll paste the text from the (now
closed) form at the end of this email.

After the QEP discussion phase, I'll prepare a summary (including
authors, budget, timeline) of the eligible proposals (fulfilling the
formal requirements) for the voting phase.

Regards,
Anita

------------

Original application form text:

What's new in 2021?
=================

We have budgeted EUR 25,000 for the entire grant programme. Bear in mind
that we would like to support as many activities as possible so if your
budgeted amount is too large we may reject it.

This year, we will not accept proposals for the development of new
features. Therefore, proposals should focus on improving the QGIS
project infrastructure and polishing existing features. The target
version for all project work is QGIS 3.22.

Some examples of the kinds of topics you could propose are:

* Updating and improving documentation
* Improving API documentation
* Curating the pull request queue
* Bug fixing
* Rewriting and improving a part of the code base
* Improvements that improve the security of the QGIS code base
* Updating and improving QGIS.org web infrastructure
* Helping new QGIS devs to get started with improved developer
documentation and utilities
* etc.

The closing date for applications is 21st March 2021.

The winning proposals will be published in the end of April 2021.

There is a strict deadline: all grant projects need to be finished by
the end of 2021.

PLEASE NOTE: All applications made here will be PUBLICLY VISIBLE,
including your name, fees etc.