[Qgis-psc] Question on QGIS Accessibility issues

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sun May 16 15:13:02 PDT 2021

Hi,

On 16.05.2021 14:08, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
> HI Randal,
> thank s a lot for bringing this up.
> I'm not aware of any such groups, but maybe others in the PSC are.
> Anita, maybe you know in academia?
>
> On Fri, 14 May 2021 at 13:43, Randal Hale
> <rjhale at northrivergeographic.com
> <mailto:rjhale at northrivergeographic.com>> wrote:
>

>     I guess the question is - are there any groups, persons, etc that do
>     work on the QGIS interface for persons that have accessibility
>     issues?

Short of the color blindness support, I'm not aware of any recent
efforts around accessibility and even that is more for the audience of
the finished maps than for the map maker / QGIS user themselves.

Speaking of that. The last time I remember discussions like this was
during the re-design of the icon set (regarding color contrast mostly).
So might be worth looking into mail threads on that topic.

Regards,

Anita