[Qgis-psc] Discussing LTR Update frequency

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Nov 22 06:25:49 PST 2021

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 08:38:46AM +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:

> Can I suggest that we also include the provision to rollout an
> out-of-schedule release whenever we deem it necessary?

+1 for this.

> So effectively
> the regular schedule would be the **maximum** time between patch
> releases.

I would even NOT make any provision for a "schedule".
LTR is meant to be STABLE, so there should really be NO schedule
to publish an update to it. Updates should be triggered ONLY by an fixes
to "serious" bugs (crashers / data corruptions).

Rather than a "max" time, there should eventually be a "min" time
between such updates, simply to avoid a too frequent update cycle
(ie: once per bugfix).

--strk;