[Qgis-psc] Funding to update test environment?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:36:23 PDT 2022

Hi PSC,

We're currently hitting an issue where the CI on Github is failing
because it's all based on Ubuntu 21.10, which is now EOLed. To get
things back on track, we need to update this to a newer (supported)
Ubuntu release.

I attempted this a couple of months back, but found that the amount of
work required to get things passing was non-trivial. (Due to the tests
which need to be updated for changed behaviour in the newer
Qt/GDAL/GEOS library versions).

My estimate is that we're looking at 3-4 days work to do this.

So I'm wondering if there's any funds available to complete this work?
(We can't wait for the normal QGIS grant cycle here, as we really need
a working test environment to keep things stable and moving forward.)

Thanks for the consideration,
Nyall