[Qgis-psc] agenda item for next PSC meeting: QGIS Canada user group proposal

Tim Sutton tim at qgis.org
Fri Aug 28 07:33:37 PDT 2026


Dear Jeff

This is a hard no from me. Canadians are known to be a rowdy bunch and I
even hear tell of some of them being heavily involved in a competing
project called MapServer which will not stand!

Ok jokes aside (and please anyone looking on, the above was 100% a joke),
so pleased to support your formation of a Canadian User group and seeing a
maple leaf bedazzled QGIS logo emerge from your midst.

On the technical side, Lova and I will be happy to help you get your web
presence up and running using our hugo template if you are interested.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Aug 28, 2026 at 2:08 PM Jeff McKenna via QGIS-PSC <
qgis-psc at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Hi QGIS PSC,
>
> This is just a short request, to add the agenda item "QGIS Canada user
> group proposal" to your next PSC meeting (which I think might be on 2nd
> September, according to what I saw on today's QGIS Open Day session
> "What happened in QGIS this month?").
>
> We have been working with Marco Serusi regarding this, and I sent him
> some remaining required pieces this morning.
>
> We are thrilled to possibly become an official QGIS user group, and look
> forward to helping QGIS.ORG grow.
>
> thanks
>
> -jeff
> (on behalf of QGIS Canada user group)
> https://qgis.ca
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> QGIS-PSC mailing list
> QGIS-PSC at lists.osgeo.org
> https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-psc
>


-- 



*Tim Sutton*
QGIS Project Steering Committee
tim at qgis.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-psc/attachments/20260828/5b9715fc/attachment.htm>


More information about the QGIS-PSC mailing list