[qgis-qwc2] Print plugin – pinting ofbackground layers

Sascha Picard sascha.picard at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 7 04:40:39 PST 2017

Hello,

first of all: Thanks for this awesome project!
I hope to find help in a comprehension question´:

I am currently playing around witth the sample app.
I set up a QGIS server that serves a QGS-Project that contains some WMS
layers as well as a couple of composer templates.

When I use the print plugin in the adapted sample app, it generates a
corrupted PDF file.
I looked into the POST request formulated by
*qwc2\QWC2Components\Plugins\Print.jsx* and noticed,
that the query param LAYERS also contains the name of the currently
displayed background layer.
If I leave that name out of the request, my pdf gets printed.

I then noticed that the WMS example in the sample app also serves those
backround layers (osm_grau, osm_hell etc.):

http://qwc2.sourcepole.ch/wms/wolfsburg/qwc2_demo?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3&REQUEST=GetProjectSettings

Does that really mean that I have to add the background layers, which are
used in the client, as services to the qgs-file served by QGIS-Server
– respectively always use a copy of a project binding these services as a
base for the configuration of a theme in QGIS? That would be a bit
inconvenient.
Or am I missing point here?

Regards
Sascha