[qgis-qwc2] XYZ tiles as background maps

Immo Blecher immo at blecher.co.za
Fri Aug 30 07:16:41 PDT 2019

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if anybody has managed to include XYZ tiles as
Background layers. We are building a site for groundwater information
for the City of Cape Town and Environs and have been successful with
most of the layers, most of which take data from PostGIS and Spatialite
databases.

The particular layers I want to include can be accessed from QGIS with

https://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/ngi-tiles/tiles/50k/{z}/{x}/{-y}.png

and

http://aerial.openstreetmap.org.za/ngi-aerial/{z}/{x}/{y}.jpg

and they work perfectly in QGIS. But all I get on the QWC2 client are
blank pages with most of the options I tried. I also added them in QGIS
and set the server settings to advertise them as background, again just
white background pages.

If you want to have a look at our QWC2 implementation on a temporary
server in the meantime you can go to https://blecher.privatedns.org

Any idea how to do it, if possible at all?

Regards

Immo

--

*Immo F. Blecher**
Street: */36 Saffraan Ave., Die Boord, Stellenbosch, 7613, South Africa
_immob19 at gmail.com_ <mailto:immob19 at gmail.com>| _immob at mymtnmail.co.za
<mailto:immob at mymtnmail.co.za>
_*Internet:*_http://www.blecher.co.za/_

Contact me: immob19 at gmail.com immoblecher

<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/immo-blecher/30/414/b8>

Please consider your environmental responsibility. Before printing this
e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a hard copy.

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you
have received this email by mistake, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies
thereof.