[qgis-qwc2] make datasource searchable

torstenwolf at t-online.de torstenwolf at t-online.de
Sat Sep 28 10:42:14 PDT 2019

Dear all,

we use a "POSTGIS mirrored"-WFS-datasource with around 10.000 boreholes
from the fantastic Berlin-Fisbroker-Geoportal in our qwc2-project and I
want to make this dataset searchable or enable a spatial filter by the name
of the features (spatialalias) via the main search toolbar of QWC2.

Is there anybody who can give any advice, how to set such an idea up?

I understand the need to configure a searchProvider - in
<qwc2>/js/SearchProvider.js and reference it in <qwc2>themesConfig.json but
I don't understand how to split the search functionality in a server
(QGIS-Server) and/or client (QWC2) side and how to prepare the dataset for
this purpose.

We use a (little outdated - due to client compatibility) PostgreSQL
9.1/POSTGIS 2.2 in the QGIS-Projects. We mirror there the WFS-source with
ogr2ogr-functionality and simply add the dataset to a QGIS-project (3.4.4 -
Madeira) and publish it via enabled QGIS-Server-Settings and an adapted
qwc2-demo-app setting.

This is the datasource if somebody has the time to figure this out with the
original data:

https://fbinter.stadt-berlin.de/fb/wfs/data/senstadt/s_bohrpunktegeo
<https://fbinter.stadt-berlin.de/fb/wfs/data/senstadt/s_bohrpunktegeo>

A tutorial to set up a search functionality from scratch or a
step-by-step-howto is hardly to find.

Best regards
Torsten