[qgis-qwc2] Understanding QGIS capabilities

Eric Thompson eric at windscape.ai
Thu Oct 27 15:06:23 PDT 2022

Hi,
If this is the wrong list or the wrong question, please let me know.

I am not a GIS expert in general, but I'm pretty familiar with Google Earth
Pro. I'm trying to figure out if QGIS will help our work. We are a small
startup company in the wind energy industry. We use Google Earth Pro to
keep track of dozens of sensors placed out in the field. It "works" but is
cumbersome.

We want a system that will
1. allow us to move placemarks around our maps easily (drag and drop?) and
2. allow us to share maps and places easily with a few team members - sorta
like we share information in Google Docs where different people can edit
the same file.

Is QGIS the tool to consider for this? (ArcGIS says they are, but for $500
per year.)

Thanks,
Eric

--