[Qgis-tr] Happy New Year

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 14:30:40 EST 2012

Dear Translators!

First of all I want to wish all of you a happy successful incredible new
year.. Thank you for all the translations you did in 2011!

It seems that in a few weeks we will have another release in the 1.7.x branch ..
Preparing that (and backporting a lot of fixes/improvements) it was necessary to also update some strings on the release-1_7 branch.
Therefore I would like to ask all of you to take a look at the translations inside the release-1_7 branch:
https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/tree/release-1_7

As always - if you find time to update the translations either send the file to me (please mark it with release-1_7) or create a pull request on github.

Furthermore to all power users out there who compile their own QGIS - It would also be nice to give this release-1_7 branch a t(d)ry-run.
Test it with all of your biggest data and probably compare things with current master (to find even more backportable bugfixes) and report it back..

We try our best to improve 1.7.x - Let's make 1.7.4 another great release with lesser bugs .. The more testers - the more bugs will be detected ;)

Thanks for all your work

kind regards with all best wishes
Werner
--