[Qgis-tr] Looking for a translated version of "how to compile QGIS"...

Junior Delaz delazj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 12:15:41 PST 2015

Hi all,
while looking for documentation about QGIS compilation, the official site
[0] leads to this link [1]. In the Introduction part, there are some
statements I think are problematic:

1/ "You can download this document as part of the QGIS 'User and
Installation Guide' in HTML and PDF format via http://qgis.org."
I can't find in the pdf file nor in the html version of the "User Guide"
somewhere where compilation process is described. Someone knows?

2/ "A current version is also available at:
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html
".
The mentioned link is the page where you read this text. I suppose it's for
pdf version. Right?

3/ "Translations of this document can also be downloaded at the
documentation area of the QGIS project at http://qgis.org."
This is what I'm looking for but as stated above, I can't find any
reference to compilation process except a quick reference to the page i'm
already reading in english only.

4/ "More information is available via
http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/organisation/governance.html#community-resources.
<http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#community-resources.>
"
Hovering over or clicking on this link shows the same page while
copying/pasting it leads to the link about "Community Resources" in
official site (the right target, I assume). Might be fixed.

Unless it's done and I haven't seen it, shouldn't the compilation process
be translated and fully integrated in the documentation? To be able to test
qgis or propose some improvements, user may sometimes need to install QGIS
from source and having a comprehensive (translated) and up-to-date process
documentation is greatly helpful (for newbie users like me).

[0]
https://www.qgis.org/fr/site/getinvolved/faq/index.html#can-i-compile-qgis-myself-on-windows
[1]
http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/doc/INSTALL.html