[Qgis-tr] Translation of functions help lost?

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es
Wed Sep 30 08:06:51 PDT 2015

El 26/09/15 a las 20:55, Jürgen E. Fischer escribió:
> Hi Paolo,
>
> On Wed, 23. Sep 2015 at 18:37:36 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> in 2.8.3, the help for the expression functions is translated, at least
>> in Italian, In 2.10.1, the translation seems lost: is there an
>> explanation for it? Any way to recover it automatically?
> The function help was fully moved to json and the markup separated from the
> actual strings - so the large blocks disappeared and the individual strings
> (now mostly without markup) entered the translation.
>

> Jürgen

Regarding this change, I think perhaps some strings shouldn't be
translated, such as function names, examples and numbers/dates/times.
For example, for to_int() function, transifex includes the following
strings for translation:
to_int
to_int('123')
123
If you translate to_int and try to use translated function (eg.
a_ent(123) for Spanish) you'll get a "Not valid expression" result.
Showing translated examples will only lead to user confusion.