[Qgis-tr] Looking for advices to avoid breaking translated strings

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Dec 23 02:44:31 PST 2016

On 12/23/2016 10:54 AM, DelazJ wrote:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>
> Hi Juergen,
> I'm afraid your message is EMPTY...

This was Juergens answer:

"""
The translations are not maintained in the git repository - only pulled
in in
the nightlies and committed only on release.  So no need commit the
fixed .ts
files to git.

They could be pulled from transfex, fixed and pushed back to transifex,
but not
sure if it's worth the effort as transifex should suggest the previous
translation anyway - so it's not too difficult to cope with.
"""

Personally I also think that we should not care about losing some
translations when fixing stuff. The whole idea about crowd translating
is that there are a lot of hand and eyes to work/see....

Fixing and polishing the english version is the main target,
translations follow.
And I thought transifex did a pretty decent job in remembering older
translations? Isn't it?

Regards,

Richard