[Qgis-tr] Please approve our request for translating documentation into Chinese

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue May 5 01:18:33 PDT 2020

On 5/5/20 5:20 AM, Yinchuan Chan wrote:
> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>

> There were many translator want to translate documentation into Chinese.
> And we had request new langue. We can't get any response. Please approve
> our request, or tell me the reasons.
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> --
> Nautilus Chan
> Shanghai China

Hi Yinchuan Chan,

Thanks for checking!! Apparently with recent update we 'lost' zh-Hans...

Sorry for that!

I just added it again, and I will try to upload the strings from the old
project:

https://www.transifex.com/qgis/old-qgis-documentation/translate/#zh-Hans

If I fail today, please fee free to download the files from there and
upload them again in the new qgis-documentation project.

I see more chinese-language codes are requested, but we had some
discussion some time ago from which the end conclusion was that having
zh-Hans and zh-Hant it should be good for now. And as I see the
percentage of translations, I hesitate to add more, unless you have a
very good reason and are willing to translate a lot :-)
I will remove the other language requests.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde